What you can expect from me and what I need from you.
The Client: The recipient of the Agreed Services – [insert name here]
Makeup Artist: Lauren Poole
The Agreement: The contract that exists between the Client and the Makeup Artist for the agreed Fee
The Fee: The amount payable by the Client to the Makeup Artist for the Agreed Services
The Agreed Services: To provide [bridal][event] makeup at the Event on the Event Date for the Client [and the Party], as well as a makeup trial for the Client [and the Party] on [insert date] [date to be agreed].
The Event Date:
The Party: [Additional members of the bridal party]
1. The booking of the provision of the Agreed Services is only reserved once the Client has paid a non-refundable deposit of £100 to the Makeup Artist.
2. Trials take place at the home address of the Makeup Artist (in Stockport, Cheshire) unless otherwise agreed between the Client and the Makeup Artist.
3. Trials must be paid for at the time of booking the trial in order to secure the trial date.
1. Payments can be made in cash or via bank transfer. Cheques will not be accepted.
2. A non-refundable deposit of £100 is to be paid to reserve the Event Date.
3. The non-refundable deposit of £100 paid by the Client is taken off the Fee.
4. The amount remaining of the Fee (“the Remaining Fee”) is to be paid in full by the Client no later than 14 days before the Event.
5. Failure to pay the Remaining Fee within the time stated above will, at the discretion of the Makeup Artist, result in attendance by the Makeup Artist at the Event being cancelled.
6. The trial fee is to be paid on the same date the trial is booked.
7. Failure to pay the trial fee within the time stated above will, at the discretion of the Makeup Artist, result in the trial being cancelled. The trial will be re-arranged, subject to the availability of the Makeup Artist, upon payment of the trial fee.
Responsibility of the Client
1. The Client shall inform the Makeup Artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions.
2. The Client shall inform the Makeup Artist of any issues that may affect the ability of the Makeup Artist to provide the Agreed Services.
3. The Makeup Artist cannot be held liable for any losses or damage that is incurred due to the Client’s failure to comply with the Client’s responsibilities pursuant to these Terms & Conditions.
4. The Makeup Artist reserves the right to refuse service to the Client or members of the Party as a result of, but not limited to, abusive and threatening behaviour.
1. At any point the Client can cancel the agreement to provide the Agreed Services by informing the Makeup Artist in writing.
2. The Makeup Artist will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until point of cancellation.
3. The Client will not be liable to make any further payments unless
a) the cancellation is made less than 60 days before the Event Date, in which case 50% of the Remaining Fee will be payable by the Client subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion;
b) the cancellation is made less than 30 days before the Event Date, in which case 100% of the Remaining Fee will be payable by the Client subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion.
Any such payment must be made by no later than the Event Date.
4. In the event the Makeup Artist is unable to provide the Agreed Services all reasonable endeavours will be made including, where possible, arranging for an alternative makeup artist to provide the Agreed Services.
5. Cancellation by the Makeup Artist of the provision of the Agreed Services (or part thereof) due to circumstances including, but not limited to, problems rendering provision of the Agreed Services impossible will result in a refund of the Fee (or respective part thereof) to the Client. No compensation will be offered.
6. The liability of the Makeup Artist to the Client shall not in any circumstances exceed the Fee.
1. Exclusivity is not guaranteed for the whole day of the Event.
2. Any second event undertaken by the Makeup Artist will not affect the Event.
3. An exclusivity fee can be arranged if preferred.
1. Photography includes photographs taken by the Client’s professional photographer as well as any photographs taken by the Makeup Artist (including but not limited to ‘before and after’ photographs of the Client [and/or any or all members of the Party]).
2. The Client agrees that the Makeup Artist may take photographs of the Client [and/or any or all members of the Party] and use any photography (as defined above) for publicity and marketing purposes which include but are not limited to the Makeup Artist’s website and social media pages.
1. The Client will cover any necessary travel expenses of the Makeup Artist as agreed at the time of booking the Event.
2. 10 miles total travel is included per Event (this includes both travel to and from the Event venue). For distance travelled in excess of 10 miles the travel charges are 45p per mile.
3. This is to include, should it be required, congestion charging and parking charges.
1. The Makeup Artist is not liable for the services or products supplied by any suppliers that she uses and/or recommends.
2. Where the Agreed Services include the application of false eyelashes of any type the same is done at the Client’s own risk (except for the negligence of the Makeup Artist) in particular as to the subsequent removal of any lashes in respect of which the Makeup Artist accepts no responsibility whatsoever. By requesting work on lashes the Client confirms that she agrees to proceed on the basis that her lashes are of at least ordinary hardiness and durability and fully tolerant of relevant industry-standard products and materials including adhesive (whether or not the Client suffers from illness which may affect her lashes). Where the Client does suffer from illness which may affect her lashes then all work so done is entirely at the Client’s own risk.
3. The Makeup Artist has public liability cover in respect of the provision of the Agreed Services.