What you can expect from me and what I need from you.
The Client: The recipient of the Agreed Services
Makeup Artist: Lauren Poole
The Agreement: The contract that exists between the Client and the Makeup Artist for the agreed Fee
The Fee: The amount payable by the Client to the Makeup Artist for the Agreed Services
The Agreed Services: To provide bridal makeup at the Event on the Event Date for the Client and the Party including, but not limited to: (where applicable) the Client’s (and, if it applies, the Party’s) trial(s), and; any and all preparatory and administrative work undertaken
The Event Date:
- The booking of the provision of the Agreed Services is only reserved once the Client has paid a non-refundable deposit of £100 to the Makeup Artist.
- Trials take place at the home address of the Makeup Artist (in Stockport, Cheshire) unless otherwise agreed between the Client and the Makeup Artist.
- Trials must be paid for at the time of booking the trial in order to secure the trial date.
- Payments can be made in cash or via bank transfer. Cheques will not be accepted.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 is to be paid to reserve the Event Date.
- The non-refundable deposit is paid to secure the Event Date and to cover any and all time and costs incurred by the Makeup Artist in liaising and communicating with the Client as and when they require.
- The non-refundable deposit of £100 paid by the Client is taken off the Fee.
- The amount remaining of the Fee (“the Remaining Fee”) is to be paid in full by the Client no later than 14 days before the Event.
- Failure to pay the Remaining Fee within the time stated above will, at the discretion of the Makeup Artist, result in attendance by the Makeup Artist at the Event being cancelled.
- The trial fee is to be paid on the same date the trial is booked.
- Failure to pay the trial fee within the time stated above will, at the discretion of the Makeup Artist, result in the trial being cancelled. The trial will be re-arranged, subject to the availability of the Makeup Artist, upon payment of the trial fee.
Accommodation & Subsistence Expenses
- The Client is responsible for all reasonable accommodation and subsistence expenses incurred by the Makeup Artist in relation to the Client’s booking.
- The need for accommodation and subsistence will be discussed and agreed with the Client during the booking process.
- Accommodation expenses are incurred for bookings more than 40 miles from the Makeup Artist’s home and where the Makeup Artist is required at a time which would mean having to leave her home address at or before 6 am.
- £35 will be charged for subsistence for every 24 hours spent away from home for a booking.
Responsibility of the Client
- The Client shall inform the Makeup Artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions.
- The Client shall inform the Makeup Artist of any issues that may affect the ability of the Makeup Artist to provide the Agreed Services.
- The Makeup Artist cannot be held liable for any losses or damage that is incurred due to the Client’s failure to comply with the Client’s responsibilities pursuant to these Terms & Conditions.
- The Makeup Artist reserves the right to refuse service to the Client or members of the Party as a result of, but not limited to, abusive and threatening behaviour.
- At any point the Client can cancel the agreement to provide the Agreed Services by informing the Makeup Artist in writing.
- The Makeup Artist will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until point of cancellation (whatever reason the Client may have for cancellation and whether or not that reason is within or without the Client’s control).
- The Client will not be liable to make any further payments unless:
- the cancellation is made less than 180 days before the Event Date, in which case 50% of the Remaining Fee will be payable by the Client subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion. Payment must be made by no later than the Event Date;
- the cancellation is made less than 120 days before the Event Date, in which case 100% of the remaining balance of the Fee will be payable by the Client subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion. Payment must be made by no later than the Event Date.
- In the event the Makeup Artist is unable to provide the Agreed Services (such as might arise from personal infirmity, sickness, loss of travel facilities, family emergency and so on) all reasonable endeavours will be made including, where possible, arranging for an alternative makeup artist to provide the Agreed Services.
- Cancellation by the Makeup Artist of the provision of the Agreed Services (or part thereof) due to circumstances including, but not limited to, provision of the Agreed Services becoming impossible will result in a refund of the Fee to the Client less any amounts paid in relation to work or works already carried out, including but not limited to, the Client’s (and where applicable the Party’s) trial(s) and any and all preparatory and administrative work undertaken in relation to the Client’s booking and the provision of the Agreed Services. No compensation will be offered.
- The liability of the Makeup Artist to the Client shall not in any circumstances exceed the lower of the Fee or the amount of any monies already paid by the Client to the Makeup Artist.
- If at any point the Client wishes to postpone the Event Date she must notify the Makeup Artist in writing in this regard as soon as reasonably possible but in any event no later than 14 days after the postponement of the Event Date becomes desired or necessary.
- The Makeup Artist will make all reasonable endeavours, but will not be obliged, to move the Client’s booking to the “New Date”.
- If the Makeup Artist is unavailable to provide the Agreed Services on the New Date the Client’s postponement will be regarded as a cancellation in accordance with the “Cancellation” clause above.
- Payment dates for any parts of the Fee still to be paid will be amended in accordance with the terms of the ‘Payment’ clause above, subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion.
- Exclusivity is not guaranteed for the whole day of the Event.
- Any second event undertaken by the Makeup Artist will not affect the Event.
- An exclusivity fee can be arranged if preferred.
- Photography includes photographs taken by the Client’s professional photographer as well as any photographs taken by the Makeup Artist (including but not limited to ‘before and after’ photographs of the Client and/or any or all members of the Party).
- The Client agrees that the Makeup Artist may take photographs of the Client and/or any or all members of the Party and use any photography (as defined above) for publicity and marketing purposes which include but are not limited to the Makeup Artist’s website and social media pages.
- The Client will cover any necessary travel expenses of the Makeup Artist as agreed at the time of booking the Event.
- 10 miles total travel is included per Event (this includes both travel to and from the Event venue). For distance travelled in excess of 10 miles the travel charges are 45p per mile.
- This is to include, should it be required, congestion charging and parking charges.
Minimum Booking and Minimum Fee
- The minimum booking for the Makeup Artist on a weekend date is the Client plus 3 members of the Party, making the “Minimum Fee” for a weekend wedding £290 (including, where applicable, the Client’s trial cost), or, £230 if the Client is not having a trial.
- In the event the Party is less than the minimum requirement the Makeup Artist can still provide services but the Minimum Fee will apply unless otherwise agreed.
Reductions in numbers of the Party
- Should the Client reduce the size of the Party from the number agreed at the time of booking then each person removed from the Party shall be treated as an individual cancellation and the Fee(s) applicable to that person shall be subject both to the Cancellation and the Minimum Booking and Minimum Fee clauses set out above (subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion).
- In any event, should the Event Date be a weekend date the Minimum Fee will apply irrespective of the actual numbers in the Client’s Party on the Event Date, subject to the Makeup Artist’s discretion.
- The Makeup Artist is not liable for the services or products supplied by any suppliers that she uses and/or recommends.
- Where the Agreed Services include the application of false eyelashes of any type the same is done at the Client’s own risk (except for the negligence of the Makeup Artist) in particular as to the subsequent removal of any lashes in respect of which the Makeup Artist accepts no responsibility whatsoever. By requesting work on lashes the Client confirms that she agrees to proceed on the basis that her lashes are of at least ordinary hardiness and durability and fully tolerant of relevant industry-standard products and materials including adhesive (whether or not the Client suffers from illness which may affect her lashes). Where the Client does suffer from illness which may affect her lashes then all work so done is entirely at the Client’s own risk.
- The Makeup Artist has public liability cover in respect of the provision of the Agreed Services.
Additional Important Details
- The maximum time allocation for any one trial is 2 hours, subject to the discretion of the Makeup Artist. Any additional trial sessions will have to be rebooked as a Repeat Trial.
- If a Repeat Trial is required a fee of £70 will be payable and must be paid on the date the Repeat Trial is booked.